I am a messy cook! And I like to have my recipes right there by me on the counter. And they usually get ruined...case in point...see that pink piece of paper? Yeah I have to call my mom every time I want to make it because I can't read half of the recipe!
Since it's a New Year and everyone has organization on the brain, and I just barely got myself a Silhouette and a Laminator I thought I would combine the two for my next project!
I wanted something that would be easy to take in and out and that was simple, it also had to be able to withstand whatever liquid I might happen to spill on it. I love all of the fancy recipe cards that are all over the place but I get bored with things so I wanted to keep my cards really simple. Then in a few years I don't have to worry about not being able to find the same cards, I don't think lined index cards are goin out anytime soon!
I started by rounding up my favorite recipe's and got to copying them over to my index cards. It took awhile but I did it while watching TV so it wasn't too bad.
After I had them all copied I sent them through my laminator. I used 9x11 thermal sheets, only because I have a ton of them left over from another project. It would have been much easier to use the smaller ones!
I picked up this handy little binder in the school supply section at Wal-Mart for only a few dollars. It is on the smaller side but seems sturdy. I used my Silhouette to cut out the vinyl for the front of my binder. And yes, the statement is true! I also cut out the words for my dividers but I somehow missed getting a picture of those! I did the following- Appetizers, Main Dishes, Salads, Breads, Desserts & Misc.
After I cut out all my recipe's I hole punched them and stuck them in my binder! No more will I have half burned pieces of paper, and that makes my little heart oh so very happy!
Want to Check Out More Silhouette Projects?
My Silhouette Challenge buddies and I are all sharing projects on our blogs today, so peruse the projects below for a wealth of Silhouette inspiration!
- DIY Window Shutter Mail Organizer by Weekend Craft
- Kids' Art Wall by Tried & True
- Organizing Silhouette and Craft Supplies by The Happier Homemaker
- Simple Recipe Organization by It's Always Craft Time
- Put a Label on it! Herb Names for Plant Stakes by Get Silvered
- Super Simple Linen Closet Labels by Two Purple Couches
- Beware of the Animals Vinyl Toy Box by A Tossed Salad Life
- Child desk accessories by Architecture of a Mom
- Organizing & the Important of Labels by The Turquoise Home
- Index Card Organizer for Easier Meal Planning by Chicken Scratch NY
- Create Craft Room Labels by Dragonfly & Lilypads
- Simple Storage Solution for your Christmas Ornaments by Vintage News Junkie
- Organize this: DIY Planner Covers, Tags & Dividers (made with Cereal Boxes) by Black and White Obsession
- How to Make a Cut File into a Print & Cut by Create & Babble
- Simple Chest Freezer Organizational Board by Nearly Handmade
- Vinyl Your Kitchen Canisters! by From Wine to Whine
- Nursery Closet Dividers & Silhouette Cut File by Creative Ramblings
- Make Custom Box Templates with a Silhouette for Drawer Organization by One Dog Woof
- Organizing the Craft Room by What's Next Ma
- Vinyl Wall Calendar by Crafts Cakes and Cats
- Personalized Toy Storage Bins by Lil' Mrs. Tori
- Personalized Routine Chart by Work in Progress
- Blog Planner Sheet Dividers + Free Cut Files by TitiCrafty by Camila
- Simple Project Calendar by Little Blue's Room
- Dry Erase Photo Frame Menu Board + Free Cut File by Essentially Eclectic
- Receipt Organization with Free Cut File by The Thinking Closet
- Cute and Easy Labels by Life After Laundry
- "What's For Dinner?" Menu Planning Board by unOriginal Mom
- Mixing Organization and Function: An Easy Conversion Chart by My Paper Craze
- Why do my cookies taste so bad? A lesson in baking. by The Life and Times of a TAP
- Custom Drawer Dividers by Please Excuse My Craftermath...
- The evolution of my labeling system by feto soap
- Ikea Drawer labels by McCall Manor
- Glass Etched Vinegar & Oil bottles by Terri Johnson Creates
- Organize It: Bathroom Closet by The House on Hillbrook
- Ombre Butterfly Magnet Board by Sowdering About