Welcome!!! I am so glad that you stopped by, I hope that you will take a minute and look around. If you like what you see please follow along!!!

If you are having trouble commenting, you can contact me at kristathompson11@gmail.com




Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Look Whoo's 1

Wow! Where did the time go? It seems like just yesterday this little girl was born and now she is 1!!! I have a slight obsession with owls so I knew that we needed to incorporate that into my little girl's first birthday party. I couldn't be happier with how it turned out, everything was perfect! 

It all started with this adorable invite which I found on Pinterest. I think that the invite sets the tone for the whole party so I needed it to be perfect- time to call in the pros! My amazing cousin whipped this up off of a crappy screenshot that I had taken. She is super fast and has great prices, you can find her at Shandi Kimille Photography


Imagine this table overflowing with yummy food.... pulled pork sandwiches, salads, fruit skewers, veggies, chips, pink lemonade we had it all. And it was delicious! 
The big letter K is made with tissue paper, I love how it turned out but let me tell you it took forever! I found the circles at a local scrapbook store for .25 a piece-score!!! They were the perfect colors and I simply added the letters. A few tissue paper flowers and a circle garland complete the table. 



 Our cake table-minus the cake. It was SO hot outside that I had to wait until the last minute to bring the cake/cupcakes out. Even then they still melted a little, but tasted delicious all the same. I found the tall table at the DI and it was a nasty brown color I repainted the legs and added some scrapbook paper-perfection! The other stands are just white plates glued to some candlesticks that were kicking around the house. And my little owl....I love him! He is from the dollar spot @ Target, with a fresh coat of spray paint he fits right in. 



The Birthday Girl's cake with an adorable owl courtesy of L Cakes, these little guys also topped our cupcakes and were a perfect addition. 



A simple pennant banner to dress up the highchair. I cut the owls out on my Cricut in our party colors. 



My first attempt at chaldboard art, man it is harder than it looks! 


 This little bench greeted out guests as they walked in and provided a great spot for them to drop their gift. Another simple circle garland and a big piece of art spotlighting all the facts about our little princess finish this area off. 



 This may have been my favorite thing that I made for the party. I love looking back at how much they have changed. I may have teared up a little while I was putting these pictures on. 



What would a party be without favors?!?!?! I found this recipe on where else but Pinterest for candied popcorn and knew it would be perfect. You can find the recipe here, trust me when I say you NEED to make this it is super yummy!!! 


I haven't taken her official birthday pictures yet but this one shows off her outfit pretty well. All I have to say is thank goodness I have talented friends!! I just told them what I wanted and they made it happen which was perfect for this busy momma! The bow is from 3 Crazy Bow Makers and the onesie is from Shirts, Signs & Designs.  


I am so grateful for this little girl, she brings so much joy into our home. She has the best personality and is so easy going. Her brother absolutely loves her and they are so cute when they play together. I am so lucky to be her mom!!! Love you Princess, and Happy Birthday!!! 

0 comments: