Welcome!!! I am so glad that you stopped by, I hope that you will take a minute and look around. If you like what you see please follow along!!!

If you are having trouble commenting, you can contact me at kristathompson11@gmail.com




Thursday, June 10, 2010

Cupcake Stands

I recently threw a bridal shower for my little sister, the colors for the wedding are red white and black and so I used those for the shower. I have seen cupcake stands all over the place recently and this is my version, I love how they turned out!!
I went to the DI and bought 3 different sizes of white plates and some glass candlesticks. I washed them all really well a couple of times and then let them air dry for a few hours to make sure they were nice and dry. I then took some black and red vinyl and punched out circles, i think they were 1.5 inches. And then it was peel and stick, all over the place! I used hot glue to attach them together on the day of the shower, so that I could take them apart afterwards so they were easier to store. Everyone loved them!!!

Linking up to the fun parties on my sidebar!

17 comments:

Ashlee Marie said...

CUTE! I bet your sister loved it!

Anonymous said...

this is too cute! Im in need of a cupcake stand and I really like this idea, plus you can take it apart and store it easier than the other ones. Thanks for the idea!!

Come link up with me
www.ashleyrussell726.blogspot.com
-ashley =)

Sawdust Girl said...

cute. So smart using vinyl stickers to make dots!

Anonymous said...

I love the polka dot plates! So cute!

Amanda
everycraftyendeavor.com

Mad in Crafts said...

Thanks for linking up to the Mad Skills party!

sportzmom said...

Love this idea! I can't wait to try it out at my next party.

Laura said...

This is adorable! I love the polka dots.

I am hosting a giveaway and would love it if you checked it out!

Laura @ along for the ride

Kimberly said...

How great! We've got a Cupcake Carnival going on over at my blog. You should come check it out and share this adorable stand!

Lindsey said...

so cute! i love ANYTHING CUPCAKE!

Unknown said...

I am totally featuring these today on my blog...so head on over and grab a featured button if you'd like! Thanks so much for linking up!

Debilou ~ Mississippi Mama said...

oh so cute.. love the polka dots..

Alison @ Oopsey Daisy said...

This is ADORABLE! I'm such a sucker for polk-a-dots! I am coming by from New Friend Friday. What a fun blog! I love the name of your blog, too!! Pretty much sums up my life :) Have a fabulous weekend!!

~Alison
http://oopsey-daisy.blogspot.com/

Alison @ Oopsey Daisy said...

This is ADORABLE! I'm such a sucker for polk-a-dots! I am coming by from New Friend Friday. What a fun blog! I love the name of your blog, too!! Pretty much sums up my life :) Have a fabulous weekend!!

~Alison
http://oopsey-daisy.blogspot.com/

Oh, My Darling said...

Found your blog from new friend friday, and I'm so glad to be a new follower! These cupcake stands are great!

Deidra Faith said...

I'll definitely be following your blog! I love all of the crafts! It's inspiring me for sure!

chris said...

Such a cute idea. Just a thought...it might be fun to do the same thing, but make the dots permanent with food-safe porcelain paint.

Jennifer Burgett said...

Cute cupcake stand!